<%@ Page %>
DataGrid Code Samples for Beginners
ASP.NET provides many functionality rich web controls. DataGrid is one of them. DataGrid is a very popular web control that allows tabular display of data. In past providing editable data entry grids required either lot of coding or use of some third party software. With ASP.NET DataGrid it is just a matter of Drag
and Drop and some event handling. This page provides download of 10 code samples that will show you many faces of DataGrid. The samples are meant for beginners who want to try their hands on DataGrid control.
Following samples are included with the download:
- DataGrid Bound With DataSet
- DataGrid Bound With DataView
- DataGrid with Bound Columns
- Formatting Column in DataGrid
- DataGrid with Paging
- DataGrid With Sorting
- Selecting a row in DataGrid
- Editable DataGrid
- Templated Columns in DataGrid (DropDownList in DataGrid)
- DataGrid Bound with Object ArrayList
To run the samples you will need...
- Windows 2000/NT with .NET Framework installed
- IIS 5+
- Visual Studio.NET
- SQL Server 7+ or MSDE with Northwind database
How to run/view the code?
- Create a web application in IIS with name as the project name
- Open the project in VS.NET
- Change database connection string in web.config to suit your database
- Run the application
This page is protected by copyright laws.
Copying in any form is strictly prohibited.